Total Page Views

About Me

My photo
Frederick, MD, United States

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Protect Your Eyes and Ways.

3      I will set no wicked thing before mine eyesI hate the work of them that turn asideit shall not cleave to me. Psalm 101.3

I will neither delight in itaim at itnor endure it. If I have wickedness brought before me by others I will turn away from itI will not gaze upon it with pleasure. The Psalmist is very sweeping in his resolvehe declines the leastthe most reputablethe most customary form ofevilno wicked thingnot only shall it not dwell in his heartbut not even before his eyesfor what fascinates the eye is very apt togain admission into the hearteven as Eve’s apple first pleased her sightand then prevailed over her mind and hand. “I hate thework of them that turn aside.(The Treasury of David, C.H. Spurgeon)

How important it is today that we follow after David's example of not viewing anything that is evil or will lead us into evil. With today's technology it is easier than ever to view that which goes against God's teaching. If you doubt me, just turn on your TV or look through the DVD selection at the store. How easy is it to get evil things in the privacy of your own home via the internet. In order to follow this example means our getting out of our comfort zone and a willingness to give up our "rights". 

The question is "Are we willing to do what it takes to live like God wants us to live?" If we are, keep in mind Gal. 2.20:

20I am crucified with Christnevertheless Iliveyet not Ibut Christ liveth in meand the life which I nowlive in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of Godwho lovedmeand gave himself for me.

If we are crucified with Christ, it means we should be dead to our own desires and wishes. And finally keep in mind dead men have no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment